VP Asia Pacific Region, Design Hotels
In a NutshellThe Vice President Asia Pacific (VP) is responsible for leading the region with a focus on expanding the brand reach. Development of relationships with existing member hotels, the travel trade, media and other potential partners.
The Areas of Responsibility include identifying and pursuing of new business opportunities, leading the multi-disciplinary team, sourcing new member hotels to hand over to the Marriott Development Team. Bringing all existing Hotels into the new business model (AM). Overseeing and managing all activities in the areas of sales, marketing and public relations.
The VP reports to the Managing Director and collaborates closely with the Marriott Hotel Development Team for business development, with the SVP Commercial Operations for all travel trade activities and Account Management / Distribution Technology topics, and with the VP Brand, Marketing & Communications for all marketing, brand and communication activities.
Success in the position demands a driving focus on creation of shareholder value through the pursuit of new projects, a proactive disposition, a willingness to champion new business opportunities, an enthusiasm for working on a small, focused team and a passion for the work we do.
The addition of existing hotels into the new business model is one of the principal drivers of DS and an important element in progressing the product quality, distribution power and brand equity of DS.
- Development and increase of revenue from current member hotel portfolio
- Leadership and development of the team in the Region
- Management of regional marketing and branding activities
- Management of PR & communications activities in the region
- Creation of regional tactical promotional opportunities
- Establishment of key marketing partnerships
- Increase brand awareness within the Region
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Formulate and implement portfolio and business development strategy as part of Design Hotels’ global market strategy
- Evaluate and analyse regional strategies and revenue/fee opportunities for and report on changing business and market trends
- Identify, initiate, and assess potential owners, investors, developers and branding and partnership opportunities
- Conduct global market scanning by tapping into multiple sources of
- Review and analyse potential hotel conversions and new build opportunities, for integration into the brand
- Review membership applications, evaluate the potential for Design Hotels and approve together with responsible teams
- Source potential new member hotels / owners in the region, and forward to Marriott Development Team
- Prepare positioning document for the implementation process
- Build and maintain a network database for portfolio development partners such as architects, designers, developers, etc.
- Maintain and develop a strong network of contacts in the local hotel and real estate investment sector
- Collaborate with Marriott APAC leadership, including Development, Legal, Finance and others
• Oversee the function, in particular foster the relationships with all existing member hotels, owners and key travel partners in the region
• Guarantee ongoing PR activities to ensure amplified exposure for the brand in the region
Marketing & Brand
• Guarantee the implementation and pursue of core brand & marketing strategy for Asia in coordination with the VP Brand, Global Brand Leader
• Identify events, partners and other opportunities to connect with the right target groups and discuss potential activities with the VP Brand, Marketing & Communications
• Guarantee annual marketing and communications plan and coordinate with VP Brand, Global Brand Leader
• Grow the Design Hotels Community in the region
• Develop and maintain press and marketing partners as per Design Hotels standards
• Evaluate any other regional/global revenue opportunity for Design Hotels
- Guarantee and execute global policies and objectives of Design Hotel in the region
- Supervise local accounting processes in line with Design Hotels standards
- Identify all improvements in operational systems, procedures and services, and communicate to Managing Director
- Follow Design Hotels ™ reporting structure and procedures, using predetermined formats as provided by Managing Director
- Establish and maintain strong relationship with Design Hotels HQ staff, offices and affiliates, as well as relevant Marriott Regional stakeholders
Experience & MindsetDegree / Experience
- 10+ years of experience in, business development, sales, owner relations, creative / brand or related field in travel or hospitality
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, hospitality or related field
- Previous regional leadership experience preferred
Specific Knowledge / Skills
Portfolio and Business Development
- Formulating, implementing and driving a strategy to create value through the pursuit of new projects, a proactive disposition, a willingness to champion new business
- Excellent knowledge of the Asian hospitality markets and its key players in the different subregions and countries
- Experience with branding and well-versed in both the creative and commercial side of a business organization
- An understanding of hospitality while searching for ways of improving and rethinking the way things have always been done
- In-depth understanding of the regional business landscape in travel / hospitality
- Strong understanding of different Asian markets, cultures and the right intercultural approach
- Highly balanced, dynamic, highly empathic, optimistic, well respected and able to manage an ever-changing environment
- Creative, design-oriented, culturally aware, understanding of local aesthetics
- Clear communication and presentation skills always adjusted to the audience
- High performing, collaborative solution provider and proactive decision maker
- Building lasting trust and reliable relationships
- Strong leadership skills, authenticity and empathy fostering performance, cohesion and collaboration among the team
- Manage growth and development of the APAC team
- Fluent in English, additional Asian languages are beneficial
- Willing to travel as needed up to 40-60%
Perks & Benefits
- A great experience in the niche market of luxury boutique hotels
- Working with a motivated and international team from over 39 countries at the global Headquarters of Design Hotels™ located in the creative Media Spree area in Berlin
- Great benefits at member hotels and brand partners from employee discounts to special offers, including Marriott Explore rates
- Career development opportunities in an international company
About Design Hotels™
Design Hotels GmbH (www.designhotels.com) is a full-service hospitality consultancy, offering customized services to its member hotels. Under the brand Design Hotels™ the company represents and markets a curated selection of currently more than 300 luxury hotels in over 60 countries. These member hotels are independently owned but united by a commitment to individuality, progressive design, and cultural authenticity. Design Hotels™ embodies the most advanced ideas in the hospitality industry and offers discerning travelers new opportunities and inspiration for both a more conscious travel and lifestyle.
The company has its headquarters in Berlin and branches in Los Angeles, New York, London and Singapore. Since March 2021, Design Hotels GmbH is part of the Marriott International portfolio.
Design Hotels is an equal opportunity employer, we celebrate diversity and practice inclusivity. Hiring decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and our business needs only.
Please send your application without a picture.